Here’s what you need to know…
- Some people spend so much time doing fancy warm-ups they forget to lift something heavy and break a sweat.
- Start a program and finish it. Stop program hopping.
- The basics are going to get you there the fastest. Squat deep, bench without the butt leaving the bench, and deadlift double bodyweight (at least).
- Don’t let your diet undo all the work you put in at the gym. You can’t “out-cardio” a crappy diet.
- Take advantage of your rest periods by doing something more productive than texting or finding a new song.
There are plenty of things you can do wrong in your training, but if we could get people to fix these problems, the world would be a stronger, fitter place.