By: Stewart Perrie
Some guys looking to bulk up will go to their nearest nutrition store and buy the biggest, most chocolatey bag of protein powder they can find.
But what they usually expect is a tiny scoop and enough protein to feed a small village for a week.
What they DON’T expect is a small dead rodent oozing it’s deadness inside said protein. Unfortunately that’s exactly what happened to 25-year-old Adam Brenton when he got far enough into his bag of diet whey.
Adam, from Manchester, said his girlfriend has been having nightmares about the discovery and I don’t blame her.
Adam bought the 1.45kg bag for £21 online and has been using it for the past three weeks.
“I checked the bag for holes and bite marks and I couldn’t see any,” he told the M.E.N.
“The mouse must have been buried in the powder and I have slowly revealed it over the three weeks. I don’t know where in the process it has happened.”
Adam said he has sent the package back for analysis and is now looking for compensation from the company.
Adam says he hasn’t been sick from the mouse, but he believes his health has been put at risk.
Myprotein has released a statement saying: “Myprotein treats all customer complaints extremely seriously and is investigating the incident as a matter of urgency.
“Our production facility is independently certified against the British Retail Consortium Global Standard for Food Safety and achieved a Double A grading earlier this year, the highest attainable grade.
“As with any customer complaint all communications are confidential between Myprotein and the customer, however, we are able to our comment about our manufacturing and quality control standards.”